Thursday, February 06, 2014

Business owners in the capital are welcoming the latest Anti Social Behaviour Order.

The order was imposed on a 19-year-old in Dublin District Court yesterday - banning him from entering parts of the city centre for two years.

The court heard the anti-social behaviour problem on Dublin's O'Connell Street is "out of control" while a "fear factor" is damaging business and putting people off going there.

Chief Executive of the Dublin City Business Improvement District, Richard Guiney, said ASBOs are working.

"Last week, a guy who had breached his ABSO was sent to jail for the breach," he said.

"When we cisited a drug rehabilitation centre last year, we actually met a guy who had gone in to seek help for his drug problems because he was serbved with an ASBO warning … so they do work."

Comments are closed.

Contact Newsdesk: 021 4272722

More National News

Shannon wins Airport Achievement Award